Bob Higgins was DG for Rotary in South, East & West Wales in 2009/10 and this blog records the important events that took place in the run up to and during 2009/10.

Search This Blog

Thursday 18 March 2010

18th March - District Council at Ty Newydd

This evening is the date for our third District Council for this year. I left early at 1700hrs to get to the Ty Newydd by 1800hrs, to see Kevin and his Health and Safety presentation, but the traffic gods were angry and my journey was brought to a halt as I joined the A470 at Cardiff. An accident had brought progress to a very slow crawl and my plans were blown apart. A phone call to Edwina had to be made so that she could pass on a message to the hotel that I was going to be late, very late. I got to the hotel at 1910hrs and Clayton had thankfully started the meeting. We got through it without too many scars, but I did forget to take some certificates for Foundation awards, still I can deal with this another way. No time for food so it was the chippy in Newport that kept me going late in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment