Bob Higgins was DG for Rotary in South, East & West Wales in 2009/10 and this blog records the important events that took place in the run up to and during 2009/10.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Rotary Lunch Today - Meals on Snowy Wheels


We had snow falling in the bottom right hand corner of Wales around lunchtime today so I made my way to the Newport Lodge Hotel for Rotary Lunch in slippery conditions. The main roads were fine but the sight of white stuff falling turns otherwise normal motorists into terrified timid creatures. Well I got there on time and was greeted by Margaret, the Manager, at the entrance to the car park and was told not to enter on fear of getting stuck, so I parked on the road. As I walked into the Lodge a procession of members came out of the Hotel carrying a plated meal covered in foil, on their way home. No meeting today then. I went in and spoke to the staff who referred me to Elaine, the Chef, who offered me, and now Eric, the same service. With a plate of shepherds pie and chips plus a roll, I made my way home avoiding any hills, and ate my lunch in my kitchen with Sebastien and Edwina. Mind you I still had to pay for it and there was no pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment